We recognize that some organizations must restrict the use of online or cloud-based services. Therefore, account owners can request the disabling of cloud-based services such as Rise 360, Review 360, Storyline 360 team slides, or Storyline 360 text-to-speech. With cloud-based service toggling, you can enjoy desktop-authoring apps like Storyline 360 while conforming to your organization's security policies. Read on for details.
What to Expect
Here's what you can expect from Articulate 360 apps and features when you request to have cloud services disabled.
When Rise 360 is disabled:
- Articulate 360 Dashboard: Rise 360 is hidden from the Articulate 360 dashboard, including the navigation drop-down list and the onboarding checklist.
- Rise 360: Rise 360 is hidden so you can't access it. If you navigate to https://360.articulate.com/rise or https://rise.articulate.com, you're redirected to the Articulate 360 dashboard. This also means that shareable web links for viewing Rise 360 courses won't work.
Note: If content was created in Rise 360 before the service was disabled, those courses can no longer be accessed. The content is retained on our servers for up to six months after your paid subscription expires or your trial ends and can be accessed again if the Rise 360 service is re-enabled within the six-month retention period.
- Articulate 360 Training: Rise 360 is hidden from the navigation drop-down list.
- Articulate 360 Desktop App: Rise 360 is hidden from the Articulate 360 desktop app.
When Review 360 is disabled:
- Articulate 360 Dashboard: Review 360 is hidden from the Articulate 360 dashboard, including the navigation drop-down list and the onboarding checklist.
- Review 360: Review 360 is hidden so you can't access it. If you navigate to https://360.articulate.com/review or https://360.articulate.com/review/content, you're redirected to the Articulate 360 dashboard.
Note: If content was uploaded to Review 360 before the service was disabled, those projects can no longer be viewed, commented on, or updated with new versions. The content is retained on our servers for up to six months after your paid subscription expires or your trial ends and can be accessed again if the Review 360 service is re-enabled within the six-month retention period.
- Rise 360: If Rise 360 is enabled and Review 360 is disabled, you can create and publish Rise 360 courses, but the option to send courses to Review 360 is hidden.
- Articulate 360 Training: Review 360 is hidden from the navigation drop-down list.
- Articulate 360 Desktop App: Review 360 is hidden from the Articulate 360 desktop app.
- Storyline 360: Review 360 is hidden from the publish window.
- Studio 360: Review 360 is hidden from the publish window.
- Replay 360: Review 360 is hidden from the publish window.
- Peek 360 for Windows: The automatic upload of screencasts to Review 360 is disabled. You're prompted to save MP4 videos of screencasts on your local computer.
- Peek 360 for Mac: The automatic upload of screencasts to Review 360 is disabled. You'll see an "Unable to upload screencast" message. MP4 videos of your screencasts are available on your local computer.
Note: If screencasts were uploaded to Review 360 before cloud services were disabled, you'll see the option to update these recordings in Peek 360. However, updates will fail since the service is disabled.
Storyline 360 Team Slides
When team slides are disabled, they're hidden from the start screen and the ribbon in Storyline 360.
Storyline 360 Text-to-Speech
When text-to-speech is disabled, you won't see text-to-speech narration as an option in Storyline 360.
Find answers to common questions about service toggling below.
What apps or features can service toggling disable?
Any or all of the following apps and features can be disabled:
What apps and features are accessible when cloud-based services have been disabled?
Even with any or all of the above apps and features disabled, you always have access to the following:
- Articulate 360 Teams benefits such as consolidated billing, paying with a purchase order, priority support, live chat support, and more
- Articulate 360 Teams management so you can easily manage seats, search and sort team members, and transfer content from one team member to another
- Storyline 360, our award-winning desktop authoring app for creating e-learning that works on every device
- 17+ million royalty-free stock assets and prebuilt, customizable course templates in Content Library 360
- Articulate 360 Training, including access to videos and webinars from industry-leading e-learning pros
My organization doesn't allow internet access at all. Can I use Articulate 360 offline?
You must be able to go online long enough to sign into Articulate 360 and install desktop-authoring apps such as Storyline 360. Then you can use the apps offline for up to 99 days at a time (or 30 days for free trials).
If you're offline longer than 99 consecutive days, the apps will stop working. To re-enable them, you'll need to connect to the internet long enough to sign into Articulate 360, which resets the 99-day offline clock.
What subscription plans have access to service toggling?
Service toggling is available for all Articulate 360 trials and subscriptions, both individual and Teams.
Can I disable cloud-based services for individual users?
No. Cloud services can only be disabled for the entire subscription.
I created content before cloud-based services were disabled. What happened to that content?
Content that you created before disabling cloud services is retained on our servers for up to six months after your paid subscription expires or your trial ends. If cloud services are re-enabled within the six-month retention period, you can access your Rise 360 courses, Review 360 projects, and Storyline 360 team slides again.
I changed my mind. Can you re-enable cloud-based services for my subscription?
Absolutely! The subscription account owner must send a written request to email@example.com that lists the services they want to re-enable.
Request Service Toggling
The subscription account owner can request service toggling for any or all the apps and features before, during, or after the purchasing process by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.